by Elise Grøndahl – Hi, my name is Elise and I looove food! – eating it, making it, experimenting with ingredients, taking pictures of it, reading about it, watching movies about it and much much more! I’ve been called everything from foodie to food goddess, to goddess of food porn to just simple crazy about food J
Food has long been a passion of mine and I started taking pictures of food long before it became popular on the social media sites. Back then, people would sometimes get a little embarrassed that I took pictures of food. Of course, now they love my pictures and my Instagram profile is dedicated to food alone (it’s called foodgazmic). I don’t have any background in cooking or anything food related, just a passion that started when I was young and in the kitchen with my mom.
In this blog I will share with you some of my recipes, my thoughts on food or food trends and if I have any extraordinary food experience, so I hope you enjoy reading it.
I thought I’d start with a super easy breakfast recipe. After all, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Just to get a little side tracked – I love cake too (just not baking them), and recently I read that eating chocolate cake for breakfast, could help you lose weight!! YES, I kid you not! The reason for this is that the best time to consume sweets, is in the morning, since this is when the body’s metabolism is the most active (besides that, we haven an entire day to burn the calories ) and in addition, it is supposed to stem the craving for sweets later. I haven’t tried it yet, but I will indulge myself one of these days…. So, I don’t like baking, but I do have a muffin tin and I love making savoury snacks/food in it. Hence, here’s my quick ‘n’ easy recipe for some delicious egg & bacon made in a tin muffin (adapted from Dailydishrecipes.com).
Ingredients for 12 pieces:
- 6 slices of lightly toasted bread
- 12 eggs
- 12 slices of bacon (or turkey bacon)
- Shredded cheese
- 2-3 tomatoes
- Optional: paprika and oregano, salt, pepper, parsley
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celcius
- Fry the bacon at medium heat in a pan for about 5 minutes – (you would want the bacon to be flexible, but not raw)
- While the bacon is frying, use a glass or cookie cutter to cut out two circles of each slice of bread to fit into the bottom of the lightly greased muffin tin
- Wrap the bacon around each muffin cup
- Add shredded cheese on top of the bread
- Slice the tomatoes thinly and put on top of the shredded cheese. I like paprika and oregano, so I sprinkle this on top of the tomatoes (optional)
- Carefully crack the eggs into each cup. I found that there was too much egg white so I cracked them over a bowl and let out some of the egg white before carefully filling the muffin cup with the egg
- A light sprinkle of salt and fresh ground pepper on the eggs (optional)
- Bake for 7-10 minutes depending on how runny you would like the eggs
- Garnish a little sprig of parsley or some other green herb (optional)
I really loved how quick and easy this was – and very delicious too! Next time though, I think I will try with a little spinach instead of tomato and maybe some smoked salmon instead of bacon… not sure how that will work, but will be fun to try J
by Elise Grøndahl, Foodie @foodgazmic
Being a busy woman, spending a lot of time in the kitchen every day is not possible. Being a foodie, Elise doesn’t want to compromise too much on quality, but food should be quick and easy to make and delicious. If it’s healthy that’s a bonus too Elise will provide easy and tasty recipes, will keep you up to date with the world of foods, and give her thoughts on food related matters.
You are welcome to discuss this article e.g. in Women in B2B networking groups: